8 Jan: It’s been a week and I am missing the riding. We’re doing the full spruit today to Emmarentia and back. Gulp. My bail out plan is Louis with his bakkie – he doesn’t know this yet. I am trying out this Wonder Smoothie Grems has told me about – am seriously dubious about mixing this ingredients with my texture issues : banana, yoghurt, peanut butter, honey, mueslie, chocolate sauce. Weird. Nice, but weird. So Linda and I get to Mugg & Bean a bit early and meet up with Erik Vermeulen, Bart and another Karen. Minutes tick by and Ride Master Mark hasn’t arrived yet. He eventually does and we head off down the road this time to cross the river. Ok we VERY quickly realize that both Linda and I are out of our depths.
We get as far as the river and change our minds. No way. Can’t do this – and the others are far ahead. So we turn around and decide that Bike Park is more our scene – and Linda hasn’t been yet and she needs to get her voucher sorted. We manage to leave a post on Mark and Eriks facebook pages and head off. Just then we see Mark and Val riding down –they’ve come to look for us. So kind of them. We explain our situation and all’s cool and we head our separate ways.
![]() |
| Um no, I don't think so! |
![]() |
| Caps can't believe I can fall off this 4 bike bridge |
I position myself at the end and off to the left. Ready. Steady. Linda floors it. But as her front wheel strikes the first rung on the bridge something goes wrong and she doesn’t go up the bridge. It’s like it dug into and so instead she falls to the side, grazing her arm and leg. She gets up – and is also shaky, with no real harm done. Literally within in 5 min of each other by the same bridge we both have our first ever MTB crashes. We sit down for a minute to gather ourselves towards ourselves and it’s not long before we’re up and on again. We did the 2 green routes twice more. The mud twice more (but Linda walked not wanting to add mud into her wounds) and we tried the bridge again – Linda got up it with not a glitch. I chose to rather walk it. It was a great morning and we learnt a lot. Especially: don't go riding without adult (by that I mean male) supervision :D


No comments:
Post a Comment